Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Too Long Email Address's

schatz says:
I am using a Motorola RAZR and want to be able to email todo's via sms to my account however the RAZR will not let me store email address's which are as long as the one assigned to me by remember the milk. is there any way to request a shorter email?
Posted at 2:31am on November 2, 2005
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Shorter email addresses are coming soon.

The reason for the long email addresses is that we want to make sure you don't end up receiving spam into your tasks inbox :)
Posted 18 years ago
aebaxter says:
I also tried to set up my RTM address in my phone and ran into this same problem. I'd like the option of a shorter email address for mobile to do's.
Posted 18 years ago
quepol says:
also, not sure if it's related but i'm having trouble sending from gmail. i'm not sure if they're recognizing the long address.
Posted 18 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
quepol - what problem are you having with Gmail?

I haven't experienced any problems sending from Gmail to Remember The Milk, so if you can give us more details, that would be great!
Posted 18 years ago
zvi.likes.tv says:
you can use jetable.fr to set up a shorter (still not short) forwarder. or you could use spambob.org
Posted 18 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Gmail is working well with RTM for me. I set up a filter so that if the body has a keyword in it, Gmail autoforwards to RTM for me, so I can zip an email to Gamil from anywhere (which is an address I remember), and by including the keyword, off it goes to my task list. Very nice.
Posted 18 years ago
phugel says:
ranbarton - great idea. I set gmail to forward all sms messages received from my cell phone to RTM. Works great. Can now send items to RTM from anywhere in less than 30 seconds.
Posted 18 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.