Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

How to set the repeat date to be the 2nd Wednesday of the month?

ozgwei says:
Actually, I need to set it to the Thursday after the 2nd Wednesday of the month (therefore, it is usually the 2nd Thursday but occasionally the 3rd Thursday of the month).
Posted at 2:16am on October 28, 2005
mddperkins says:
I second this!

The first Saturday of the month, the last Friday of the month, the Saturday after the last Friday of the month - all useful.
Posted 18 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Thanks for the suggestion - we may add more options for repeating tasks in the future if this is something that many people would find useful.
Posted 18 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
I think many people would find this helpful. I certainly would. Thanks.
Posted 18 years ago
aebaxter says:
I would also find this feature very useful.
Posted 18 years ago
dsb3 says:
Very useful. Please please please?
Posted 18 years ago
mihai says:
preety please... it's a feature not many have, refering to aditional task scheduling setings.
Posted 18 years ago
nell says:
I´d use this too, I need to remember a payment that is due the 4th saturday of the month. Thanks!
Posted 18 years ago
wjklos says:
here too
Posted 18 years ago
indigoviolet says:
more support
Posted 18 years ago
zvi.likes.tv says:
agreed. this would be useful
Posted 18 years ago
allan.cochrane says:
I'd like to set a reminder on the 4th of the month unless the 4th is a weekend in which case it should move back to the Friday before the 4th! Simple,eh?
Posted 18 years ago
rj1 says:
this certainly would be a good functionality to have in place in RTM
Posted 18 years ago
gregwh says:
I would like ending dates for repeating tasks. Say it's my week to lock up the store...

Task: lock up the store
Due: Monday at 5pm
Repeats: Daily
(???) Ends: Friday
Posted 18 years ago
fenjeremy says:
Me too.
Posted 18 years ago
vsharris says:
Add my name to this request.

Dare I suggest, in addition to all the 'user-friendly' formats, a math format using various date variables (mday: day of month (1-31), wday: day of week (0-6), yday: day of year (1-366), mon: month of year (1-12),

Examples:

wday==4 && mday>=9 && mday<=15

--> selects: Thursday after 2nd Wed.

(mday-wday)>=2 && (mday-wday) <=8

--> selects: every day of the second week of the month (hint: mday-wday is the mday of Sunday)

Posted 18 years ago
clandestine says:
On the subject of repeats, I'd find it fairly useful if you could set expiring repeats -- things that repeat on an interval, but expire after a certain number of repeats. Eg. "repeats every 2 days 10 times"

That would be wicked cool.
Posted 18 years ago
krissa.swain says:
Yeah, or "repeat every Friday until June 11" or whatever. So I can add soccer practice until the end of the school year, for example.
Posted 18 years ago
(closed account) says:
Has this been added as a feature yet? I would like to set up an agenda for my meetings on the 3rd Sunday of the month and I've been looking for a way to repeat this task.
Posted 17 years ago
shadmc says:
i really wish you'd add this feature
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.