Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Syncing with Evernote stopped!

shekala says:
Is there something wrong with the servers? Out of the blue my Evernote syncing stopped, and its making me quite nervous given my dependence on it. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
Posted at 12:00pm on May 28, 2017
debuck3 says:
I am too! I was wondering what's up. I already stepped through all the troubleshooting - not in a shared folder, etc. I even disconnected the link and re-established it. No joy on syncing those up! I sure hope they fix this asap!! I'm rather dependent on it too.
Posted 6 years ago
shekala says:
Thanks for letting me know. At least there is comfort in numbers, sort of... I did the same kind of troubleshooting, and am discovering that changes to RTM due dates/times are sometimes reflected in Evernote, but any new note in Evernote with a due date is NOT showing up at all in RTM. I have reached out to support via direct email to Andrew, Twitter, and this posint, but no response yet. They are also not showing any problems on the site status. So, I am dead in the water until someone gets back to us. All my systems are built around the sync, so this is causing me considerable pain.
Posted 6 years ago
tristo (Remember The Milk) says:
Thanks for reporting, and for these additional details.

We are showing degraded performance and are continuing to investigate. Keep an eye on our status page (http://status.rememberthemilk.com/) and we'll update when we know more!
Posted 6 years ago
shekala says:
Looks like the issue has been resolved. Thank you. The only open question is why the time that is synced is off by one minute (minor quibble, but nevertheless odd) - for example, if Evernote shows due at 11:30, RTM shows 11:29. Just curious. Thanks again.
Posted 6 years ago
Yes, just confirming this is now fixed. Thanks for the reports.

Regarding the synced time, it's possible a local problem or system clock issue, or even something like a delay between creating the task and setting the reminder for it to be synced across to Remember The Milk?

In any case, I'm assured that it's extremely unlikely to be any other issue so hopefully we're ok there.

Let me know if I can help anyone here further!
Posted 6 years ago
shekala says:
Thanks again. Just noticing that existing notes are not syncing unless a change is made to the note or to the task. In other words, the notes I made during the outage are not being updated in RTM unless I edit the note. Is this the expected behavior?
Posted 6 years ago
Hmm, the answer to that one is that it depends. I'll write to you on your support email to find out more details and we'll go from there.
Posted 6 years ago
debuck3 says:
Yeah! Just confirmed that it is working again. Thank you very much, RTM team!
Posted 6 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.