Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

email from outlook

uriba says:
i'm sending tasks to the address, but they don't arrive. why?!
Posted at 5:08pm on October 26, 2005
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Should be working now.

Please let us know if you have any further problems.
Posted 18 years ago
heathweaver says:
My messages arive, but all of the details inside aren't picked up. I am not sure if it has to do with having html based emails or something else.

I have tried 4 times and they all end up in my inbox with the format details (Priority:, Due:, etc.) as the first note. I really hope this can be fixed.
Posted 17 years ago
heathweaver says:
Further testing shows that it may be due to trying to forward a message.

When sending a new message it works as documented. To further test I have tried forwarding a message from gmail, which works as expected (forwarded mail is a note).

However, copying and pasting the text from the outlook email and sending it as a new email from gmail also doesn't work. I'll test some more.
Posted 17 years ago
heathweaver says:
Sorry for the annoying posts. I have copied the message into gmail and converted it into plain text and then it worked.

When converting from html I find that I am getting a number of spaces between the task details (due:, priority:, etc) and the value. There are also additional spaces after each detail. So maybe this has more to do with it.
Posted 17 years ago
heathweaver, if you're still experiencing problems, please feel free to send an example to [old address removed] -- we can check into it and see why it's not being processed correctly. Thanks!
Posted 17 years ago
heathweaver says:
Wow, you respond fast.

I have sent you the email I am sending to create an task. After testing some other things it really seems to be an issue caused by using Outlook's HTML formatting.
Posted 17 years ago
heathweaver says:
Also, a side note: Did you know that occassionally your page titles have mark-up in them?

see the bold mark-up in this page's title.

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/help/806/
Posted 17 years ago
Whoops, we thought we'd fixed up the HTML in the forum titles -- now fixed :) Thanks for letting us know.
Posted 17 years ago
We've received your email (thanks!) so we'll take a look into this issue.
Posted 17 years ago
heathweaver says:
Yup, all better.
Posted 17 years ago
heathweaver says:
It works as expected now. Thank you.
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.