Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Site brings browser to its knees after a day

palswim says:
I decided to give RTM another go by opening the Task interface in a browser (Firefox 52.0) window and letting it sit all day. This was working fine while I used it that day. However, I left the window open and returned to the computer the next day to find that my browser would hardly run, that it was eating up all of the cycles for one of my processor cores. Eventually, I had to close the browser. I dismissed this occurrence as an anomaly and restored all of the windows when I re-opened my browser. Again, everything ran smoothly on the day that I re-opened the site, but again, when I came to the PC the next day, the browser would take ages to respond to even a simple right-click.

This cycle of restarting the browser (which would restore the RTM site) only to have the browser barely running a day later continued for a couple of days with me trying to eliminate various variables in my configuration. Eventually, I decided to try the whole set-up, but without the RTM window, and a day later, my browser was running almost as quickly as if I had just started it. I had no choice but to conclude that the RTM site was causing the browser sluggishness, and since I've closed the RTM window, I have not had anything like that prior issue.
Posted at 10:15pm on April 10, 2017
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi palswim,
Sorry to hear about your experience with the web app!

You mention a few variables, so maybe you've tried some or all of this, but we'd be interested to know if any of the following changes this behavior:
* Do you see this behavior in another browser or in our desktop app?
* Does opening the web app in safe mode end up in the same place after a day?
* Does clearing your cache/Firefox data for Remember The Milk make a difference?
* If you're able, does opening Firefox in its own window and closing other tabs/windows have the same problem?

Keep us posted on what you've already figured out or are able to test!
Posted 7 years ago
wpost says:
That's odd. I leave the RTM web app open all day every day in Chromium (Chrome-like) 57.0 without performance problems. I second andrewski's suggestion to test in a different browser (and his other ideas).
Posted 6 years ago
brianmury says:
I leave an RTM tab open in Firefox (including 52, though I'm now on 53) for weeks. I've never had a problem.
Posted 6 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.