Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

drag n drop reorder doesn't save

thereod says:
Previous post reply on this topic says reordered lists should save automatically but am having no luck. Is this an issue?
Thx
(using free version & wanting the free version to work before thinking of getting the paid one :) )
Posted at 6:06pm on April 4, 2017
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi thereod,
They definitely should save automatically, and sync to other apps in your account.

If you're using the web/desktop app would it be possible to try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, restarting the browser, and trying again?

If that doesn't work, can you contact us so we can get some specifics and possibly a screenshot to continue investigating what's causing this? Thanks!
Posted 6 years ago
thereod says:
am doing it on my phone app.
what is the exact order it's supposed to done in? (including how to exit the edit/drag field)
I've tried several ways & none save the new order.
Posted 6 years ago
thereod says:
reread the faq instructions - I don't have a save option after I've reordered/edited the list - is this an issue or does this not work in your free version?
Posted 6 years ago
Ah, okay, we wonder if you're seeing an issue we recently identified. Are you able to let us know your mobile device OS, version, and device name? You can contact us by email if you'd prefer to share those details privately too.

To answer your question, you should be able to tap Edit at the top right, change the order, then tap the Back button at the top left to save the order. No additional "Save" action is necessary.

Keep us posted, thanks!
Posted 6 years ago
thereod says:
I'm using RTM on a Samsung I9100 uding android firmware version 4.1.2
- too old maybe need to use newer phone?
Posted 6 years ago
No, not too old! We still support Android 2.2. :) Thanks for the details, which I've passed on to our development team.

It sounds like you're doing the right steps—Edit, move up and down, press Back—and the order is switching back? I just want to confirm that as we continue to investigate this.

Thanks again for the details!
Posted 6 years ago
thereod says:
hi - yes the order switches back - sometimes right after switching to another list/view, sometimes after closing the app - on reopening

Posted 6 years ago
Thanks for confirming that! I've let our development team know.

Let me know if I can help with anything else in the meantime!
Posted 6 years ago
thereod says:
ok thanks - will keep trying and keep an eye out for updates :)
Posted 6 years ago
thereod says:
just letting you know that it's still not working :|
Posted 6 years ago
We don't have an update available yet, but stay tuned! We'll try to post back as well.
Posted 6 years ago
thereod says:
ok will do :)
Posted 6 years ago
thereod says:
any progress?
Posted 6 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.