Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Repeating Tasks with subtasks

neeciemoo says:
I created a task with subtasks that repeats a few days after completion. I thought that the subtasks were suppose to regenerate when the task repeats. However this is not happening. Is there a certain way the subtasks have to be set up? Do I need to give them a due date? Also is there a way of seeing completed subtasks?

Thanks helping me with this. I hope that I can get this to work because this was the whole reason I upgraded to Pro.
Posted at 10:47pm on March 30, 2017
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi neeciemoo,
I know you mentioned this, but you may want to make sure your repeat isn't "every few days", because in that case the next task may have already generated without the additional subtasks.

If the repeat is as expected though, you shouldn't need to give them a due date; they should generate with the next task when you complete the current one.

If this continues, could you contact us so we could get some specifics, a screenshot, etc. and look into what's happening with your tasks? Thanks!
Posted 7 years ago
neeciemoo says:
Hi,
Unfortunately I did have some of my tasks set up as "after completion" and got the expected results (all the subtasks are gone). The tasks I have set up as "everyday" work fine.

So what are the rules for repeating tasks with subtasks? All I found in the Help Center was that either the task or subtask can repeat, but not both. However, I take it that you can't use an "after completion" repeat with the parent task. Are there other rules?

I have been using task list managers for years, but I only switched to RTM a few days ago. I read the Getting Started section and the Help Center. Is there a training section or manual I should also read?

Thanks for your help with this!
Posted 7 years ago
Hi neeciemoo,
Sorry that didn't help! It'd be great if you could contact us to discuss some specifics, get a screenshot of your task, etc.

"After" repeating tasks should work fine in this regard (completing the task should generate incomplete subtasks on the next task) so we'd be interested to hear some details about what is happening with that one.

Thanks!
Posted 7 years ago
neeciemoo says:
Well, I deleted and recreated some of offending tasks but a couple still aren't working. I will contact tech support.

Thanks again for you help with this.
Posted 7 years ago
Thanks for reaching out by email! I see your message and we'll be in touch soon.
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.