Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Daily Digest - time issue

dmsyring says:
I have my daily digest set up to send an email at 7:45am. I started receiving my email at 8:45am on March 12 (when the time change happened?). Also, I spend most of my time in the central time zone, but I VPN into a server located in the eastern time zone (I connected through VPN on March 12). Also on March 22 I travelled to eastern time zone, but the issue is continuing now that I am back in the central time zone. I am confused on how to correct this issue. I am also receiving tasks with a specific time on the wrong time.
Posted at 3:50pm on March 22, 2017
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi dmsyring,
Sorry to hear about this! VPNs connecting to a different timezone could cause this if you load the web app from that connection—essentially your tasks could be saved with a different timezone—but we should be able to correct this pretty simply.

While disconnected from a VPN (i.e. using your "home base" connection) you should be able to go into your Account Settings and change your timezone in the Account section. If it's already on the correct timezone, you may need to change it to something else (Central Time), save that, and then return to change it back.

Changing your timezone resets the saved timezone info for each task, so changing it will reset those and once everything is reset to your home timezone, you can make sure your Daily Digest is set to the correct time as well.

Keep us posted on how that goes!
Posted 7 years ago
dmsyring says:
I changed the time zone and the following window has been showing for at least 30 minutes "We're updating the time zone for your tasks. Please stand by!". Should it take this long?
Posted 7 years ago
Ooh, sorry to hear; that definitely shouldn't happen for so long, but it's possible for a connection problem (slow connection, etc.) to cause that to take a while. Even so, the progress bar should be, well, progressing.

You may want to open the web app in a new browser window or tab to see if everything was reset; you can always close the stuck one if it seems to be done. Otherwise, you may want to let it go for a while just in case it's exceedingly slow.

Keep us posted!
Posted 7 years ago
dmsyring says:
Although the time zone process always stayed locked (definitely not a slow connection on my side), the time zone issues seem to have corrected with your suggestion. Thanks for the help.
Posted 6 years ago
thereod says:
Hi - am trying out the free version and messed with the sync settings and have lost the morning daily digest that I was receiving each morning at 9 am - how can I reset to receive it each day again ?
Thanks
Posted 6 years ago
Hi dmsyring, I'm glad to hear that finally went through, and sorry it had gotten stuck!

Hi thereod, sorry to hear that. You may want to disable the Digest and reenable it to reset it; or you may want to remove your email address and add it back. Hope this helps!
Posted 6 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.