Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Smartsearch for all the tasks on a list due today AND all the subtasks also due today?

jennifer.goslee says:
I couldn't find the example of what I need, I love subtasks but I also like going through my day list by list and trying to keep a balance (not too many from work for example) but as half my work tasks are actually subtasks I'd love to have a smart list that shows tasks and subtasks within the worklist that are due today. (for my workflow I don't have due dates on tasks with subtasks, generally)
Posted at 3:10pm on March 17, 2017
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi jennifer.goslee,
Unfortunately it wouldn't be possible to display both at the same time—subtasks would be collected under a main task or parent task if they both show in the same Smart List or other view.

It would be possible to separate these into two separate Smart Lists—'isSubtask:true' and 'isSubtask:false'—or possibly to separate these in another way using tags or similar.

Hope this helps a bit!
Posted 7 years ago
jennifer.goslee says:
Actually the main task is not due today, if I use subtasks I don't tend to have due dates for the master project. Knowing that is there a way to do it?

What, basically, would be the syntax for subtasks due today from a specific list?
Posted 7 years ago
jennifer.goslee says:
isSubtask:true AND list:Work does not work, for example
Posted 7 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi jennifer.goslee,
Hm, I'm curious about some specifics. Are you able to contact us so we can get some specifics (I'm thinking a screenshot would be great to see what you're looking at) and help out more specifically? Thanks!
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.