Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Password length

connor.wishart says:
Hello

can i please have this confirmed when i use my normal password manager it uses +20 length so i used 60 for a password [ i know it is over kill but it is just a button ] when setting up but after i could not log in, after resting and reducing over a few times i stopped at 20 and it worked. i am used to have to reduces password length of some websites but if it is to long to log in they say so you can fix it at the time.

is there a l max length for log in?
Posted at 10:02am on February 17, 2017
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi connor.wishart,
Sorry to hear about this! Previously we had a 50-character limit, but this should not currently be the case. We certainly understand about "overkill" passwords!

Based on your report we're investigating this, so it'd be great to know where you were setting your password—the signup form, the web/desktop app, the mobile apps, etc.

Thanks again for reporting this!
Posted 7 years ago
connor.wishart says:
password reset on the web app through email [if it matres using the forget password and the reset password pop up. it was just a lack of pop up saying a to long so i know where to scale back to. i will try under 50 this time. thank you for getting back to me
Posted 7 years ago
connor.wishart says:
just tried using the password changer in web app and changed to a longer password shorter then 50 and it worked. again thank you.
Posted 7 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi connor.wishart,
Thanks for clarifying, and we're glad you've been able to update it to your preferred length through the web app. :)

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.