Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Ghost list?

margaret.moser says:
I tried to create a new list called (let's say) CSCI Teaching. I got a message saying I already have a list with that name.

I do dimly remember having such a list, but I don't see it among either my archived lists or my active lists. It's possible I renamed it rather than archiving it, but I have no way to tell, and anyway the name ought to be available again if that's the case.

I can create a temporary list as a workaround, but I'm wondering if this is a bug or if I'm just not looking in the right place.
Posted at 10:21pm on January 8, 2017
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi margaret.moser,
It'd be great if you could contact us about the specific list or lists you're seeing this with so we could get a screenshot and help you sort this out.

Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime!
Posted 7 years ago
margaret.moser says:
Hm, well, as of just now I see the missing list in my active lists again. Its name is "USC Teaching".
Posted 7 years ago
margaret.moser says:
I think I see what happened.

In the (Mac) desktop app, I notice that I had the "Show with incomplete" option checked. I looked at my lists in the browser as well while I was investigating yesterday, and I thought I'd left that on "Show all". But I see now that when I change the option in the desktop app it is reflected in the browser.
Posted 7 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Ah, yes, that would certainly do it! Thanks for clarifying what you were seeing—or not seeing in this case. :)

Let us know if we can help with anything else too!
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.