Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Tracking client tasks

shendl says:
I'm new to RTM and am trying to figure out if there is a very efficient way to organize tasks so that I can quickly go to a client and see what needs to be done next.

I have thought to set it up so I have a Clients list. Is each client then to have their own Tag or is there a better way to do it?
Posted at 3:49am on January 8, 2017
robert.ward says:
Hi shendl,

It is really up to you but that would probably be the best way to do it. In a previous job I would always tag a task depending on what division of my company I was doing the work for.

I suppose you could create separate lists for each client if you wanted, but if you have more than a handful of clients, that would be rather cumbersome.
Posted 7 years ago
shendl says:
When I create Tags for the Client List, is it possible to only see the Tags associated with that list when applying a Tag? Otherwise, I have to plow through all the tags that are not client tags. I have color-coded them, but it would be better if there was a shorter list to go through when applying a tag. Also, is there a way to make the tags larger? I find them fairly difficult to read. Aging eyes and all...... Thanks.
Posted 7 years ago
shendl says:
The first time I tried zoom in, it didn't work. I find that sometimes I have to close the desktop version because it is not very responsive. Usually when I go back in , functions work better. This occurred when I clicked on a task that was completed or that I wanted to delete. In any case, I can see the Tags now. The other issue....having Tags only for the List I am using...is still a question. Thanks.
Posted 7 years ago
robert.ward says:
Tags are completely independent of lists, so there isn't any way to show specific tags based on a list.

To clarify further - any task on any list can have any tag. It doesn't matter what list that task is in. And it can have as many tags as you want to give it.

What I often do to make it easier to only show a specific set of tags (like for what I mentioned above) is use a special character. For example you could put a period or a an "@" symbol in front of the rest of the tag name. Then when you are on the specific client task and adding a tag, type "@" or "." and only those client tasks will show up.
Posted 7 years ago
shendl says:
Thank you! I don't know why I didn't think of that myself I do that with email to bring certain mailboxes up to the top.
Posted 7 years ago
robert.ward says:
Great glad I could help!
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.