Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Daily task at specified time

bizhat says:
I have some daily tasks, that i want to do every day.

I set it to repeat everyday. The problem is i sleep late, so all my daily tasks keep coming at 00 Hours.

Is there a way i can specify the time, for example, i need my daily task appear at 6 AM in morning instead of 00 Hours.
Posted at 4:31am on January 6, 2017
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi bizhat,
A daily task should not have a due time necessarily, though internally we do use midnight as the set time. However, reminders and how the tasks are displayed are not affected by that.

However, to answer your question, you can add a due time to a task so the task is due "today at 6 AM" instead, if that's what you would prefer.

Also, rather timely, we just posted a tip on our blog this week about adjusting how your tasks display if you're a night owl. Kind of related, though it may not apply to you necessarily. :)

Let me know if I can help with anything else!
Posted 7 years ago
bizhat says:
Thanks for the reply. Yes, i got the due time part working. but i prefer not to see these tasks until tomorrow morning.

For trello, what i was using was ifttt.com (now they have cardrepeater), so it add cards on specified time. But i like todo focused look of RTM, less distractions.

Lets say i have to call some one at tomorrow morning, no point in seeing that task at 1 AM in morning.

I will check the blog post and see if that helps. If nothing works, i will try the API and see if i can add task on specific time with cronjob.
Posted 7 years ago
Hi bizhat,
I see what you mean, thanks for clarifying. It does sound like that tip might be useful for you when you're viewing your tasks at 1 AM, etc.

Let us know if we can help with anything else!
Posted 7 years ago
bizhat says:
Thanks for the help, i got it working. Since i am new to RTM, at first it sound complicated, i got it working perfectly now.
Posted 7 years ago
Hi bizhat,
I'm glad to hear that will work for you!

Let us know if we can ever help with anything else.
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.