Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Windows Desktop App vs Web App

xdhmoore says:
I've been a RTM user on and off for a few years, and I just heard about the new Windows Desktop app. What are the current feature differences between the Desktop app and the Web app? Do you plan to maintain both of them long-term?

Also, fyi, I don't think there are Categories on the forum post form for the desktop apps.
Posted at 3:43am on October 11, 2016
tristo (Remember The Milk) says:
Thanks for getting in touch.

The Windows Desktop app is similar to the Mac Desktop app - both are created to take Remember The Milk out of your browser and into a more native app. That makes it quicker and easier to use. Plus you now get Desktop notifications which might be useful for you.

There's some interesting discussion from Remember The Milk users here on the forums which goes into some depth.

We certainly plan to maintain our apps too - each continues to be updated from our hard working development team!

What I'd suggest is to simply give the Desktop app a go. It's based on what you see in Chrome, Firefox etc so will be familiar and you just need to login to try it.

Hope this helps!
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.