Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Amazon Echo RTM skill in the UK

paul.eastabrook says:
Hi guys,

I was very excited to see you have integrated with Amazon Echo. I got my shine new toy this week here in the U.K. I looks like they are splitting skill apps by region as I could not find your integration in the skills search as per your set up instructions.

Do you guys have any thoughts on how your non US customers can use your integration with Amazon Echo?

Thanks

Paul
Posted at 6:38am on October 1, 2016
tristo (Remember The Milk) says:
Thanks for getting in touch.

The team are just reviewing Remember The Milk's integration with Alexa for other countries. There's currently not a timeline for a fix or a workaround just yet, but the engineers are aware of the issue and so we should see some news on this before long.

Any major news should appear on our blog or on Twitter:

http://blog.rememberthemilk.com/
http://twitter.com/rememberthemilk

If there's anything else I can help you with, please let me know.
Posted 7 years ago
richbeales says:
This has just been announced, it would be good if RTM was able to do the same?

https://developer.amazon.com/public/community/post/TxJHHV2O3Z9IFS/Amazon-Enables-Developers-to-Extend-Shopping-and-To-do-List-Capabilities-a-New-A
Posted 7 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi richbeales,
Thanks for sharing that. We're continuing to investigate our options. Stay tuned for more news and updates!
Posted 7 years ago
nickmcg says:
please please integrate this ...other apps have (todoist etc).
The ease of use with the echo makes me want to use apps that link directly with that...I know lots of people who are getting an echo this Christmas and i would have thought this would be a great time to integrate
Posted 7 years ago
laith.marmash says:
Hi, has anyone worked out how to integrate the echo to rtm, easily? It would be a shame to have to switch to a to do list app that works if it's not available.
Posted 7 years ago
thestumonkey says:
It would help us paid subscribers out if you explain what the difficulty is in getting this working with the UK? Amazon services have a tab control for UK vs US, my perception is that this is an admin task, certainly not one that should take this long to get up and running? Am I wrong?
Posted 7 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
The API that we use for the Alexa skill is currently only available in the US, and we're investigating its availability or a different way of interacting with Alexa so we can make it available elsewhere.

We appreciate your patience and will update you as soon as we have news!
Posted 7 years ago
george.nixon says:
Hey, long time user here; I think I've been a pro user for at least 5 years, and a user maybe for a decade. I'm in the UK and happily pay my subscription in dollars, because it's always been worth it, if not a lot more, for the control and calm you've brought to my life.

I've thought about switching to the newer, trendier todo managers over the years, but this morning I actually created accounts and tried out Todoist and Any.do, as they integrate with Alexa. I'd definitely like to stay with RTM, but it's very convenient to tell her to add things to my list, as I think of them, particularly food that's running low in the kitchen. Please say you'll find a workaround soon! I have a finely tuned system and I'm not sure if I can recreate it with these other apps.
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.