Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Linux app: two small issues

ajtakrajta says:
Hi, today I tried the Linux app and had to fix two small issues in order to run it.

1) Cannot find module '/opt/Remember The Milk/resources/electron.asar/browser/init.js'

Changing permissions on /opt/Remember The Milk/resources directory to 755 helped.

2) Cannot read property 'width' of null
at Object.mainWindow.init (/opt/Remember The Milk/resources/app/browser/main-window.js:220:32)

Unfortunately `typeof null` in JavaScript is 'object', so the condition on that line if not good enough. Explicit check that `mainWindowBounds !== null` is needed. And beware of other strange `typeof` usages like `typeof NaN`.

Now the app is running well, thanks a lot! :)
Posted at 11:05am on September 24, 2016
ajtakrajta says:
I forgot to mention it was 64bit .deb package and elementary OS Freya (it's Ubuntu 14.04 under the hood).
Posted 7 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi ajtakrajta,
I've added these to our list to investigate. Thanks for reporting them!

Let me know if I can help with anything else in the meantime.
Posted 7 years ago
(closed account) says:
I had the same problem with Mageia with 1) Cannot find module '/opt/Remember The Milk/resources/electron.asar/browser/init.js' and did the same fix by changing the directory to 755 did try 644 first but that did not work
Posted 7 years ago
Hi richake8,
Thanks for those details. I’ve added this to our list to investigate, and I'll let you all know as soon as I have an update.

Let us know if you're seeing anything else in the meantime!
Posted 7 years ago
This should be fixed in 1.1.3, which you should be able to update through your package manager in most distributions, or you can download our installer again here:

https://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/linux/

Let us know if you see anything further!
Posted 7 years ago
(closed account) says:
Thanks
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.