Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Web app: How does the offline feature work?

coasterguy53433 says:
I'd like to know more about how offline access works in the web app.

I see the green checkbox, indicating that offline mode is enabled. Sometimes I see quirky sync behavior. Examples:

- I make a change in the iOS app, but it doesn't show in the web app for a long time.
- I make a change in the iOS app, but it doesn't show in the web app at all. (But I check m.rememberthemilk.com and the task is there.)
- I change the title of a task, but after a few minutes, the title has reverted back to its previous state.
- If I ever open the RTM web app in two windows, it feels like I'm operating in two different instances of my data.

I use Chrome (latest version).

So I'd like to understand how this feature works. Is there an offline database? Does it sync with HTML5, or by some other means?

For more reliable behavior, should I consider disabling offline access in the web app? Are there any trade-offs for doing so?

At one time, I signed-up to be an early beta tester. Is there a way to verify that I'm no longer using tech that isn't ready for production use?
Posted at 6:18pm on September 20, 2016
coasterguy53433 says:
Any comments? This happened to me again today. I made changes in the web app. They didn't show up in the mobile app. It's like the Chrome data never synced up. :-(
Posted 7 years ago
iamluke says:
hi mwyadartm did you get a response to this? I'm was got by the apparent 'offline' capability while using RTM on edge today, when in fact it just appeared that I was working off line for a minute or two, then RTM threw me out saying I had a connection problem. When I went online and reloaded the page, my changes were lost.
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.