Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Is it possible to cancel one in a repeating series of tasks?

logicelf says:
Hi folks,

Can't seem to find any info on this one. Can anyone advise if it's possible to cancel one task in a series of tasks?

Example: I have a task that repeats on a set interval. I wish to cancel just today's instance of the repeating task, but have RTM remind me at the next interval.

I see two options:

1. Complete today's task (even though it was not completed)
2. Delete today's task (which deletes the repeating task and therefore the entire series)

Am I missing some built-in functionality, or is this not possible?

TIA,

James
Posted at 2:05pm on September 16, 2016
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi James,
Completing would always be an option but if you prefer to delete that will depend on the repeat.

Deleting a task that repeats “every” interval will prompt you to continue or stop repeating, so you could select “continue repeating” to keep it going. :)

If your repeat is “after” an interval that only keeps the next task going if you complete the current one, so deleting it wouldn’t ask you. In that case you may wish to postpone your task.

Hope this helps!
Posted 7 years ago
logicelf says:
Thanks for the reply. That's odd - you say:

"Deleting a task that repeats “every” interval will prompt you to continue or stop repeating, so you could select “continue repeating” to keep it going. :) "

But I didn't get that option. I've just tried again, and I do indeed get the option. It was definitely an 'every' type repeat. I wonder if it was a small temporary bug?

James
Posted 7 years ago
logicelf says:
Sidebar: I do not appear to receive notifications (email or otherwise) when these threads are updated. Should I?
Posted 7 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi logicelf,
Currently there are no forum notifications, sorry!

I’m not sure what may have happened there, but I’ll put that situation in the ear of our developers. Sorry for the inconvenience!

If you see anything like this again, feel free to contact us with some details and we’d be happy to look into it!
Posted 7 years ago
logicelf says:
Okay, thanks.

No notifications at all? I don't think I've ever used a forum without!
Posted 7 years ago
robert.ward says:
@logicelf there is an RSS feed for all forum posts:

https://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/help/?format=atom
Posted 7 years ago
logicelf says:
Thanks Robert, but that wasn't what I was after. Too noisy.
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.