Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

How do you hide tasks until their due date?

kalel510 says:
It's August and I have a task scheduled for Dec. 19. I don't want to look at that task on my list for four months. Is there a simple way I can hide it until it's due to start?
Posted at 6:41pm on September 7, 2016
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi kalel510,
We don’t have a specific way to hide tasks in your lists themselves, but you can hide them in any of the following ways:

1. You won’t see this task in the Today/Tomorrow/This Week views until the appropriate dates.
2. You can use Smart Lists to hide tasks based on the due date; see our Posted 7 years ago
As andrewski says you should use a Smart List.

I've been using RTM for years and rarely look at my actual lists. Throughout the day I am only looking at Smart Lists based on specific criteria.
Posted 7 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Andrewski:
There is something strange with posts from RTM staff, se bottom of picture, the Posted 8 days ago looks weird
16hss2o.png
Posted 7 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Thanks raymond.bergmark! Looks like I messed something up with HTML, sorry!

My reply is amended below:

We don't have a specific way to hide tasks in your lists themselves, but you can hide them in any of the following ways:

1. You won't see this task in the Today/Tomorrow/This Week views until the appropriate dates.
2. You can use Smart Lists to hide tasks based on the due date; see our advanced search page for more details:
https://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/?ctx=basics.search.advanced
3. You can add start dates to your tasks and hide them until they start.
4. You can combine #2 and #3. Yay Smart Lists! :)

Let us know if we can help with any of those, or with anything else!
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.