Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Put No Due Date at bottom when Grouping by Due Date

jamezzz says:
Is there a way, when grouping by Due Date, to have the No Due Date group appear at the bottom of the list? My preference is to see all dated tasks first and then all tasks with No Due Dates at the bottom, sorted by Priority. I've got the grouping and sorting I want with the advanced sorting...except for this what issue. Thoughts?
Posted at 8:52pm on June 28, 2016
tristo (Remember The Milk) says:
Happy to help!

Hmm, interesting. If I create an advanced sort by Due Date (ascending) and Priority (ascending), all of my tasks without a due date sit at the bottom, with my tasks with a due date at the top.

What's your exact setup with your advanced sort?
Posted 7 years ago
martingchapman says:
I have the same issue.
Tristo I think you have misunderstood the question from jamezz.
He is talking about grouping by due date, not sorting.
Sorting by due date works as you say, but if you group by due date it puts undated tasks at the top of the list, not at the bottom, which is where I would prefer them to be.
Posted 7 years ago
robert.ward says:
Looks like the grouping defaults to putting no due date at the top. I couldn't get it to change.
Posted 7 years ago
martingchapman says:
Yes
Sorting puts "no due date" at the bottom.
Grouping puts "no due date" at the top.
This needs to be consistent.
My preference is to have all "no due date" tasks at the bottom, as in the way sorting does it.
Although it would be better still if there was a preference option of top or bottom (but this is more work for the developers)
Posted 7 years ago
jamezzz says:
Yes, martingchapman describes it correctly. It's the Grouping that puts "no due date" at the top. Generally, I have many more tasks without due dates. So with the current functionality it pushes my dated tasks down off the bottom of my page which essentially makes this grouping feature a "no go" for me. If this were consistent with the way sorting works (putting no due date to the bottom) this grouping feature would be fantastic. Please, please fix!
Posted 7 years ago
jamezzz says:
My advance setup is simply: Sort by Due date↑, Priority↑, Task name↑, group by Due date
Posted 7 years ago
jamezzz says:
Same issue exists with the subtasks. Subtasks with no due date are grouped first, above subtasks that have a due date. I'd suggest this should be the other way around as I'm generally most concerned with tasks having a due date.
Posted 7 years ago
martingchapman says:
@tristo
Are you following this thread, is there any chance that this problem will be fixed?
Posted 7 years ago
tristo (Remember The Milk) says:
I'm following and have passed on feedback to the development team. If there's any update we'll be sure to update the board. Thanks!
Posted 7 years ago
martingchapman says:
@tristo,
Thanks for the reply, would really appreciate this issue being addressed.
Hopefully it is a relatively simple fix.
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.