Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Desktop Notifications not working

richtack says:
I am running Windows 7 and Chrome Version 49.0.2623.108 m (64-bit).

I enabled Desktop on my contact preferences, and allowed notifications. In Chrome settings, I can see "*://www.rememberthemilk.com/* is set to "Allow".

But, I cannot get them to work. As a test, I have set task and left my browser open to my RTM page, and nothing. Other notifications (mobile, twitter, etc.) work fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Posted at 10:40pm on May 3, 2016
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi richtack,
You may also want to test Chrome notifications to see if browser notifications are being received. It's possible the browser isn't working to show them for some reason. (If so you may want to check your Windows/Chrome settings more generally.)

If you have any further problems with Remember The Milk specifically, could you contact us so we could help gather some more details? Thanks!
Posted 7 years ago
loumuccioli says:
I had to add the following to get it to work.

https://www.rememberthemilk.com:443
Posted 7 years ago
loumuccioli says:
With that said, the notifications appears on my desktop for about 10 seconds and then disappears by itself.
Posted 7 years ago
Hi loumuccioli,
Thanks for letting us know what worked for you. We've added that to our list to investigate. richtack, it'd be helpful to know if that works for you as well.

It'd also be helpful to know if anyone experiencing this has the Remember The Milk Chrome app installed too.

Keep us posted on what you find!
Posted 7 years ago
loumuccioli says:
Hi andrewski,

You're welcome. I'm using both the Web app and the RTM Chrome app and it's working but reminders and notifications both disappear after about 10 seconds in both apps. Windows 7 and 10. Chrome version 51.
Posted 7 years ago
Hi loumuccioli,
I had missed your follow-up. This is expected behavior for Chrome and it's not currently possible to change the settings for how these appear.

Thanks for clarifying what was necessary to get these working!
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.