Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Bug with push notifications

devarni says:
Something is not working as expected.

1. I get push notifications also if I don't set a reminder.
2. If I set an additional reminder eg. desktop or e-mail, I get push notifications on my mobile device for the same task twice

There is also no option for push notifications only to use SMS so it seems this stuff is handled directly by the app without using this settings: push notifications are _always_ generated?

IMO there is a missing option for push notifications in the reminder settings and this duplicate message is a bug.
Posted at 10:30am on April 30, 2016
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi devarni,
If you're using the Android app you may want to make sure you set the reminders the way you want in the app's Settings; the Android app uses the timings and settings from the web app's Account Settings but it issues its own reminders. (In other words, there's no setting in the web app because they are not pushed from the server to your device.)

If you have any further problems with duplicated reminders or unwanted reminder notifications, please contact us or let us know how your account is set to receive reminders and we'll help sort this out!
Posted 7 years ago
devarni says:
Ok, I understand how this is working. Maybe a workaround would be to change the name of the target "Desktop" to "Desktop and Bobile" and use this settings for both: the desktop (eg. the notification from the web browser if the app is open) and from the mobile app for push notifications?

Anyway, I think with a future update of the app, you should add this settings also to the app. Only for the app and pro users with an additional notification target "Mobile push notification".
Posted 7 years ago
devarni says:
Uups.. typo.. "Desktop and Bobile" means of course
"Desktop and Mobile" ;)
Posted 7 years ago
richtack says:
I was going to pose the same kind of question. Am I right that the reminders field of a task is *additive* to the default account notifications settings, instead of *overriding* the default settings?
Posted 7 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi richtack,
Yes, that is correct; the default settings apply to all tasks and you can add reminders to individual tasks.
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.