Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Reminders through the App

dreamersbrow says:
Hello,
I would like to set up reminders for some items. However, I am directed to set a reminder source (sms, email, etc). I don't see a spot to receive reminders through the app. If I select SMS, I then get a reminder twice, once from the app and again in SMS. Is there a way that the app itself can remind me? and if not, I can just get reminders from SMS and not the app?

Thanks
Posted at 7:06pm on April 14, 2016
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi dreamersbrow,
The Android app will use the timings from the web app, but currently it's not possible to configure those without enabling another method.

What you can do is to enable another reminder temporarily, configure the Daily Digest and Reminders the way you want, and then disable that other method again.

Sorry for the extra step (this is on our list to investigate), but then you should have Android reminders all set! Keep us posted on what you find.
Posted 8 years ago
devarni says:
I have the same problem and I hope to understand this correctly:

The mobile app is using the settings from the daily digest (web app), but because there is no dedicated "mobile push notification" entry there must another entry temporarily be used (eg. Desktop) so the daily digest can be set?

If the daily digest is set, the target for sending the notification can be removed because the settings for the daily digest are still there and used by the app?

This daily digest is also only important with tasks without a due time (only a due date)?
Posted 7 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi devarni,
Yes, that is correct. This is on our list to investigate further as well.

Let us know if we can help with anything else!
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.