Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Date-based Recurring Task, but due on work days only

abhay.kushwaha says:
Is there a way to set up a recurring task which is due on a specific date, but only if it's a working day. If it's a weekend, the due date is the earlier work day.

For example, I want a task that is due on 8th of a month. But if 8th is a Sunday, the task is actually due on Friday (6th) for that month. Next month, if 8th is a Monday, the due date remains 8th.
Posted at 1:00pm on March 29, 2016
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi abhay.kushwaha,

You can use "weekday" in a repeat, but not alongside a day of the month. So you could do something like:

every month on the 8th weekday
every month on the 2nd Monday

but it's not currently possible to pick the 8th of the month and only shift if that's not a weekday.

Hope this helps a bit!
Posted 7 years ago
abhay.kushwaha says:
Hi Andrew.

Thank you for responding so quickly.

Using 'weekday' solves my immediate need, solving my problem for 4 possibilities out of 7. The remaining 3 vary only by 1 day (2 counts) and 2 days (1 count). I can live with that in this case.

Any possibility to support conditional due dates? Something like "every month last weekday on or before 26th" or "every month first Saturday after 15th"?
Posted 7 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
We don't currently support that, but thanks for the feedback on how you'd like to use it.

You may want to vote for this related idea in our Ideas Forum, and/or to submit your own idea if you want it to be considered separately. That way others can vote on it.

Thanks again for the feedback!
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.