Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Bookmarkable task?

lemayp says:
Hi,

I am on the web app and try to understand how I could paste the URL of a single task inside of another application but I cannot find anything...

If I use the normal web site, I can see the URL, but it seem to contains the list the task belongs to, or the search criteria I used to find the note... That`s not what I need, but just the URL of that single task...

There must be something I don't quite understand.
Posted at 9:29pm on March 25, 2016
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi lemayp,
The URL will always include the list or another preceding element, but it'd be possible to edit one to include /#all/ instead so it wouldn't be a specific list. (Loading that would then load the task in the All Tasks view.)

Hope this helps!
Posted 7 years ago
lemayp says:
Hi Andrewski,

Yes this help understanding. Meanwhile, how do we obtain such URL from the chrome app if the url is not displayed? It seems that I need to use the web version of RTM to get such URL. I wished to find such information when pressing the "i" (task info) button.

thanks

Pierre
Posted 7 years ago
Hi Pierre,
Thanks for your feedback about the 'i' button. It should still be possible to right-click on a task to copy the URL or to press Ctrl+L (or Command+L on OS X) to get the address.
Posted 7 years ago
lemayp says:
Hi Andrewski,

When we start RTM using the Chrome App available from the Chrome Store, we don`t have access to the URL anymore. And for this reason the CTRL-L that you are proposing is not helping me in this situation.

From the description of the problem I provide I forgot to say that I am starting RTM from the Chrome Store app. I forgot that detail since RTM is part of my windows task bar.

So, using such app would benefit to get the unique URL through an alternate way. The info box could be one of them.

Thanks,

Pierre
Posted 7 years ago
Hi Pierre,
Thanks for clarifying that. Sorry I had misunderstood!

You may be able to right-click and copy the link, but I'm not sure if that's possible in the app view. (I'm only seeing the app shortcut opening to a Chrome tab so I'm a bit off there. :) Otherwise it may be necessary to use a browser for this purpose currently.

Thanks again for the feedback about the Info button!
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.