Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Daily estmiate for long tasks

andyhough says:
I am painting my house and would like to break the remaining time about 20 hours out so that it estimated effort would be more reflective of how much I have planned for today.
Right now since I have 20 hours of time in the Paint House effort, it looks like I 30 hours of of work to do today. Is there a way to break out daily time without creating several tasks or repeating this one to reflect properly on any given day?
Posted at 8:25pm on March 25, 2016
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi ashough,
This isn't currently possible, sorry. As you mentioned creating separate tasks or a repeating task would be the only way for Remember The Milk to break that down currently.
Posted 7 years ago
andyhough says:
Do the estimates for sub tasks role up into the main task? This might be a solution.

I am thinking in terms of using RTM as a UI front end for a Project management systems. I am sure you have had this concept cross your radar. i.e. I create projects in a MS project or something, and write a rest api to push those tasks to team members in RTM. They get to use RTM for their own pleasure while incorporating project tasks into their view. Another topic that would be important would be round tripping. I.e. having the PM tool notice when someone marks the task compete, changes the estimate, or delegates it to someone else. I will look through the forum to discuss this in a different thread. Please let me know if main tasks aggregate estimates from sub tasks.
Posted 7 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi ashough,
Currently the main task's estimate is separate, so it isn't included from the sum of the subtasks' estimates.

Thanks for your feedback here!
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.