Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Is it possible to have notification or log when notes are added to shared tasks/lists?

carloscadu says:
Hi,

I am dealing with other people in different shared lists/tasks and none of the notes I added to tasks have generated notifications to the other parties. I couldn't find neither a setting for dealing with notifying new notes or to show a log with the lasts changes in lists/tasks.

a) In a shared list or tasks given to others, is it possible other people be notified when I add a new note to a task (and vice-versa)?

b) Is it possible to access any kind of log that will show registers/history of last changes in RTM lists/tasks (e.g. new note added to task X, person Y completed task Z, etc.)?

Overall, what I am looking for are means to handle communication effectively in collaborative work using RTM.

Thanks for assistance,

Carlos
Posted at 2:38pm on March 14, 2016
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Carlos,
It's not currently possible to receive notifications for changes to tasks/notes, but thanks for your feedback!

You can vote for the log in our Ideas forum and submit your idea for notifications so others can vote on it as well.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!
Posted 8 years ago
carloscadu says:
Hi andrewski,

I also found another thread in ideas forum related to the notification issue:
https://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/ideas/11729/#forumreply

Similar as pointed out there, I've tried to set up RTM for a team, and not having both "notifications" and "log/history" features makes RTM quite inefficient to teamwork. If one have 10 tasks, it may be manageable to check each task for changes. But if you have +100 tasks in a shared environment and you don't have means to follow what is going on, it becomes really impossible to have a productive teamwork.

I started using RTM very recently and, overall, I've found it quite superior to other tasks apps I am used to. Just now I realized it does lack these important features!

Is there any chance to see at least the notification feature for changes in shared lists implemented in RTM soon? I took a look in the ideas forum and both threads related to the topic are from 2009/2010. So I am wondering if these features have indeed any chance to be implemented.

Thanks for info,
Carlos
Posted 8 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
As with all ideas, we don't have any specific updates but the age doesn't necessarily mean we aren't considering it.

Thanks again for all your feedback!
Posted 8 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.