Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Problem (bug?): overdue search not working with subtasks and tags

carloscadu says:
Hi,

If I perform the search "dueBefore:now", it is correct listed all overdue tasks, including overdue subtasks.

However, if I add a tag to the search, in order to list overdue tasks OR that tag, the subtasks aren't listed in the result:
"dueBefore:now OR tag:tagname"

It seems to not make sense, since the search syntax is an OR condition and it is expected ALL tasks and subtasks overdue be listed.

Am I missing something or is it a bug?

Thanks,
Carlos
Posted at 12:33pm on March 9, 2016
carloscadu says:
My misunderstanding.
The subtask seems not appearing because its parent task is being listed under the "tag" part of the search.
So I am supposing if the parent is listed, the subtasks isn't listed in same search. Parents and children tasks can't be listed in same search.
Posted 8 years ago
jersiaise says:
Yes, this is for two reasons:
1) As you already said, if the parent task is in the results of a search, its subtasks are not shown separately, even if they also would match the search criteria. They are then shown "under" the parent task, i.e. you only see them by clicking on the parent task.
2) Parent tasks and their subtasks can have different tags; so if you apply a tag to a parent task, it is not automatically applied to all of its subtasks.
Posted 8 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.