Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Evernote link in Calendar details

kaimyuen says:
I have Evernote Reminders linked to RTM. Works perfect, and the RTM task details has an extra field "linked with" with an Evernote logo to link back to the Evernote note details.

Next, I setup RTM tasks to show in Calendar on iOS (or Google Calendar). This also works, however the extra task details "linked with" with a link to evernote does not get transferred iOS Calendar.

Am I doing something wrong here, or should this be a new feature to parse Evernote details to Calendar?

Regards,
Kai
Posted at 9:52pm on March 2, 2016
azclaire says:
Settings for this confused the heck out of me at first; that might be your issue, too, so let's start there.

In Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars you see a list of accounts you've set up. Click the one that isn't doing what you want it to and make sure Calendars is turned on. This will effect all calendars associated with that account.

In the iOS Calendar there is a button "Calendars" at the bottom of the page. When you click it you should see a list of all your calendars. Check the ones you want to see.

Posted 8 years ago
azclaire says:
To clarify: these settings are to make sure the Calendar you want Evernote to show up on is set up correctly.

After that, you'll still need to do the Evernote integration troubleshooting.
Posted 8 years ago
xtoq says:
Kai, if I understand what you want correctly, you want an Evernote icon in your calendar details that links back to the Evernote note just as the icon does in the RTM web app?

If that is what you're after, I don't believe that's possible at the moment, and is a limitation of Apple or Google (depending on the calendar you're using) and not RTM necessarily. The most that RTM could do with Google at least is to add the URL of the Evernote note to the calendar description field.

If that's not what you were after, please disregard! =)
Posted 8 years ago
azclaire says:
If you want your Evernote reminders to appear on google calendar, there are several ways to do this, but completely outside RTM.

If you google "Evernote google calendar" and several alternatives will be listed. I use
Posted 8 years ago
azclaire says:
Oops. Hit the send key too soon a.

I use IFTTT to pass info from one app to another. Here is their recipe for Evernote/Google calendar connection:

https://ifttt.com/connect/google_calendar/evernote
Posted 8 years ago
xtoq says:
One of the issues with the IFTTT integration in this particular case is that it doesn't trigger from Evernote reminders, but only new notes or a tag added to a note. So it's a bit cumbersome to do it this way. It also uses the quick add feature, which is difficult to get to add descriptions; Google seems to parse the quick add syntax in it's own special different ways each time in my experience.

IFTTT is a great service though, and it might be useful in this case!
Posted 8 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.