Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Recurring tasks overwrites date of notes

mburger says:
Hi!

Unfortunately, when I complete a recurring task that has some notes, the completion date is applied to all notes of the follow-up task:

1. What steps will reproduce the problem?

1.1 Create a recurring task that is to be repeated one day after completion.
1.2 Add some notes.
1.3 Complete the task. A new one for the following day will be generated.

2. What is the expected result? What do you see instead?

2.1 I would expect that the original date of the attached notes would be kept.
2.2 Instead, the completion date is applied to all notes of the generated task.
2.3 The latter fact renders the chronological sorting of notes useless.

Did anybody else stumble on this issue?

At least one user reported the same issue here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rememberthemilk.MobileRTM&reviewId=Z3A6QU9xcFRPSHVaak1pOGw3eDZRU2R2QlBKczBLWHM0bFdjZk4xZnBseEFyQTMwZ1I0b2hvSHotT3lWYTk2Y1VVeHpZdWd5U2huRDExVURhX0JZT3NnaHJv&hl=en

Cheers,

Martin
Posted at 5:41am on February 16, 2016
xtoq says:
Martin,

I did the steps you describe, but my notes retain the date/time that I posted them. Maybe a screenshot of the issue would be helpful?

Do you mean notes, or do you mean subtasks? As far as I'm aware, you can't actually sort notes, they are just like comments on a task itself.

Sorry for my confusion!
Posted 8 years ago
ricsto says:
I'm too suffering this issue. I use a couple of weekday recurring tasks and the each day I use the notes field to update the status of the focus of the task. Each day all notes with the task end up with the same time and date. Steps to reproduce. Using new RTM UI within Safari 9.1. Select task -> add note->save->mark task as complete. The task is set up to recur "after weekday". Go to the recurred task in tomorrows task list. Clicking on task shows all notes have exactly the same date on them and then was the data the task was marked as complete.
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.