Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Completed tasks

bdavison says:
What's the intended functionality of completed tasks?

With a Basic account, it seems like I can pull up very old completed tasks by going to "all tasks" and changing the view to "completed". I can do this in the Android app, and also in the web browser (without an app). It worked that way in the old version, and it seems to still work that way in the newly released version 4.

But in the list of upgrade features, there's something called "archive of completed tasks", which is unlimited for Pro, vs 7 days for a Basic account.

That seems to conflict with the behavior I'm seeing in RTM.

Please clear up the confusion and let us know what your intentions are with completed tasks. Thanks!
Posted at 7:15am on February 5, 2016
azclaire says:
Once a task is archived, it will not be in your list of completed tasks nor in any search results. It will be as though you deleted the task.

The benefit of archiving is that those hidden tasks can be brought to life again, whereas a deleted task cannot.

Let's say you have a bunch of tasks that you complete every holiday season. You can:

Leave them in RTM and skip over them if they show up on searches, etc

Delete/complete this year's tasks & create a new task list when the holiday approaches next year, or

Archive the list until next year and then un-archive it. Business folks use this feature, too, for seasonal projects, etc.
Posted 8 years ago
bdavison says:
Thanks, that helps. I was afraid that "archive of completed tasks" meant "ability to view completed tasks". It would have been a deal breaker if the Basic account was no longer able to view completed tasks, regardless of their age.
Posted 8 years ago
ashineko says:
Thank you. I had the same question. I use the list of completed tasks to get a handle on how often I do repeating tasks.
Posted 8 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.