Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

coasterguy53433 says:
I'm a big fan of RTM and I've been a paying member since 2008. I love the app and I'm happy to see the new apps released today.

That being said, I am BEYOND disappointed with their abysmal lack of support. Pro Members are supposed to get "front of the line" assistance, but my experience has been nothing short of awful.

When I open a case, it's multiple days before I even get a response. When I do, it's usually not helpful. "What version of iOS are you running!?" "Ok, we'll get back to you..." but then, nothing.

I participated in the Pro Tester program and was happy to beta test the new website. Things were fine for several months, but then a system bug caused my tasks to become duplicated uncontrollably. I went from 700 active tasks to over 58,000! And with no way to sift the wheat from the chaff, I was completely dead in the water. (All of this was right before the holidays, of course.)

I trust RTM with all my tasks. I depend on it for essentially everything. I have always happily paid for my Pro account, assuming that the RTM team would have my back. But that has proven wrong. As you can imagine, this has been a disaster, and it's meant lots of extra work, late nights and catching-up for me.

After literally weeks and weeks, the RTM team finally cleaned-up the database duplication mess, but the damage is already done. Now all my "good" tasks are now trapped in my RTM app for iPhone. The app won't sync -- at all -- anymore, and I'm guessing that if they finally do, there will be sync issues and I'll be dead in the water again. I've asked them twice now for a response and had absolutely ZERO useful information from them.

I've asked RTM repeatedly if I could just speak to a damn human on the phone. I was told that their support model doesn't allow that. After all they put me through -- a database corruption that was their fault -- and me here, a paying customer -- the least they could do would be to give me a call. Know what I got? Diplomatic responses from them on Twitter: "We'll get back to you, sorry!"

At this point I'm nearly at my wit's end. I want to stay with RTM but it is BEYOND me how they could consider increasing the subscription cost for what has been THE WORST support I've ever had from any paid subscription service, EVER.

I guess at this point I should plan to start re-typing all of 800 of my good tasks from my iPhone screen, moving them into Excel so I can have something that actually works.

Signed, an abandoned, paying customer of 8 years,

--Mike
Posted at 2:49am on February 4, 2016
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.