Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Defaulting to Old Web App

dillo99 says:
For a year now I have been using the new web app. Suddenly in late December when I open RTM in my browser (Chrome) it always defaults to the old interface. I have to click on "Switch to the New App" to get to the newer interface. I can't find anything in the settings to say I want to always use the new app. What changed and why can't I permanently switch?
Posted at 2:37pm on January 6, 2016
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi dillo99,
Sorry to hear about this. Can you contact us so we can look into this more specifically and help resolve this? Thanks!
Posted 8 years ago
jamesr404 says:
I have exactly the same issue, since late December it very often defaults to the old interface.

One thing, maybe relevant, I happened to have reinstalled my Android OS just before the problem started.... (which includes reinstalling the RTM app)...
Posted 8 years ago
Hi jamesr404,
It'd be great if you could contact us as well. This should be unrelated to any Android actions (and is not just you, though it's also not everyone) so we'd love to get some more details to track this down.
Posted 8 years ago
robert.ward says:
Just for reference it has not happened to me...yet.
Posted 8 years ago
benmjt says:
Is this the new interface only pro accounts can see? Is there any chance you could share some images? (or if anyone know somewhere I can see it)

I'm very interested, but I really want to see it first before paying for a pro account again.
Posted 8 years ago
tech411 says:
Having same issue on Firefox for Mac and Windows.
Posted 8 years ago
Hi tech411,
It'd be great if you could contact us as well so we could look into this and make sure it's loading correctly in all cases. Thanks!
Posted 8 years ago
marge.zubler says:
I cannot even get to the new web app on Firefox and I do have a pro account. issue #94603 (I bought the pro upgrade in order to get the new web app.) I've sent details. I'd be more than happy to work with someone to resolve this issue.
Posted 8 years ago
Hi marge.zubler,
We're investigating your account-specific issue and will be in touch as soon as we have an update.
Posted 8 years ago
jersiaise says:
I've just read about this and I have the same problem as dillo99. It doesn't bother me much, though, I just thought you might want to know about similar cases ;)
Posted 8 years ago
jorhett says:
New to pro, and I'm seeing the same problem from Go. Every time I come to the site, I have to click through to see the new app.
Posted 8 years ago
jorhett says:
Retract that. Bookmark fail. If I go to https://www.rememberthemillk.com/ I get the new app every time. (Mac OS X - Chrome)
Posted 8 years ago
Hi jorhett,
We're glad to hear it's working for you. By chance do you remember what your old bookmark was set to? We're investigating this, but so far our understanding is it would only go to the old web app if you linked to

https://www.rememberthemilk.com/home/[username]/

Thanks!
Posted 8 years ago
jorhett says:
yes that plus an explicit list name
Posted 8 years ago
Thanks for getting back to us with this information. Navigating to the base URL will continue to work; navigating to /home/[username]/ will load the old web app regardless.

Hope this helps!
Posted 8 years ago
marge.zubler says:
Hi Andrew - I've had this issue since Dec 4th when I bought the upgrade. When do you estimate you will have an update for me?
Posted 8 years ago
marge.zubler says:
Hey Andrew - I meant when do you think you might have an update for me?
Posted 8 years ago
john.ellis27 says:
I have the same problem, it is now opening to the old app and I have to click on new app and reload - a pain!
Posted 8 years ago
Make sure your bookmarks are set to either of the following to load the new web app:

https://www.rememberthemilk.com/app/
https://www.rememberthemilk.com/

If you have any further problems please contact us so we can help more specifically.
Posted 8 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.