Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

search for incomplete tasks from last week and tasks due next week

zone2 says:
I feel this should be easy but can't seem to get it right. I am looking for tasks that are incomplete and were due over the last week as well as tasks that are coming up over the next week. I don't want simply all overdue tasks (as I have many and will be attempting to tame those), just the recent ones.
Posted at 8:56pm on December 1, 2015
azclaire says:
dueBefore:today OR dueWithin:"1 week of today"

This gives you everything that is overdue. If you only want to see stuff overdue from lost week use dueBefore:"day -7"
Posted 8 years ago
zone2 says:
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Posted 8 years ago
zone2 says:
hmmm ... dueBefore:"day -7" doesn't seem to work ... it seems "day -7" specifically isn't filtering anything ... thoughts?
Posted 8 years ago
jersiaise says:
I had a similar problem some time ago, and unfortunately it is not possible to search for a specific period in the past with search operators like "a week ago" or else: https://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/help/18900/
It seems like you could only search for the specific date, like "dueAfter:08/12/2015 AND NOT dueAfter:"1 week of today""
Posted 8 years ago
jersiaise says:
But then you would have to adjust the date every day
Posted 8 years ago
azclaire says:
Oops! I put RTM and Evernote search criteria together. (Their construct is the "day-7"). Sorry for the confusion.

Guess dueBefore:today is your best option for the overdue tasks if you don't want to hard code dates as jersiaise explained. The 2nd date doesn't need hard coding, however. dueWithin:"1 week of today" produces the correct output for upcoming tasks.
Posted 8 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.