Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

problem syncing

wendykaye says:
RTM has worked perfectly for months. Love it. Recently extended my pro subscription.
Then out of blue had an issue last week where suddenly when syncing i got a message on outlook saying if i continued 3000 tasks would be deleted. I needed to sync so pressed OK - hoping it was just a weird message - but then it deleted all my records from web and my iPHONE…….
I have changed the sync so that it only goes 1 way from my outlook to my phone….
But it will not sync all my existing entries in my outlook – only new ones that I add.
If I “change” an existing entry on my outlook – add words or change a date – it still will not sync…
I am getting desperate - i need the info on my phone.
Can anyone help??? Please
Posted at 6:56am on November 30, 2015
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi wendykaye,
Sorry to hear about this. The way that proceeded, it sounds like your tasks may have been deleted in Outlook? You may be able to find them in your Deleted Items folder, or in Archive Folders if Outlook's AutoArchive moved them.

If you need any further help getting your Outlook Tasks back into Remember The Milk, please contact us so we can discuss some more specific steps that may help get MilkSync syncing everything again.
Posted 8 years ago
wendykaye says:
tasks have not been deleted in outlook. i have reinstalled milksync. it times out when syncing - only gets 35% of way through. Cant restore - because message i get is "if you continue, all tasks will be deleted from MS outlook and replaced with the tasks in your RTM account".
Which obviously I do not want.... HELP PLEASE.
Posted 8 years ago
Hi wendykaye,
We've responded to you by email with some more specific steps to help this scenario. Thanks for keeping us updated!
Posted 8 years ago
jimmymck says:
This sounds like a similar problem to when I'm experiencing, could you advise.
Posted 8 years ago
Hi jimmymck,
I had sent wendykaye some specific steps based on the MilkSync log, so it's hard to say without that what would fix this. If you could contact us I'd be happy to take a look and see what would fix this for you!
Posted 8 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.