Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

How can I delete locations from my web app interface?

binnorie says:
Hey everyone,

I'm hoping to delete a bunch of locations I no longer use. I managed to delete them via my iPhone app, but they're all still listed on the web app. I'm currently using the new interface on the web app and can't seem to find any way to delete them from there.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?
Posted at 1:58am on June 7, 2015
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi binnorie,
Your location changes should sync between the apps, so please contact us if the sync problem continues.

Generally you should be able to delete a location by mousing over it on the left and clicking the dropdown.

Let us know if we can help with anything else!
Posted 8 years ago
binnorie says:
Hey andrewski,

I'm using the newer RTM view with the locations listed on the left side of the screen. There's a dropdown arrow to the right of some of the locations that allows me to edit them.

I've just realized something: There are a bunch of locations there that don't show an arrow. There's an icon to the left of these particular locations that looks like the logo of someone I was working with ages ago. We no longer work together and he's not listed on my RTM account (I don't think). So, these particular locations are old shared locations that I can't figure out how to get rid of.

So, slightly different problem. Can you help me with this?

Thanks!!
Posted 8 years ago
Hi binnorie,
Those are likely shared locations brought over through shared tasks, which you won't be able to edit.

Let us know if we can help with anything else, and feel free to contact us if you'd like to discuss more specifics!
Posted 8 years ago
binnorie says:
There's no way I can unshare or reject them? There are a lot of them - if there's any way I can get them off my dashboard, I'd be very happy.

Hoping there's a solution to this. Thanks again!
Posted 8 years ago
Hi binnorie,
Sorry I didn't explain that better. It'd be possible to delete the tasks or to edit them and remove the location, either of which would remove them from your Locations.

Hope this helps!
Posted 8 years ago
binnorie says:
Oh! Perfect. I just deleted everything from back when...and the locations are agoner. Thanks!
Posted 8 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.