Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Evernote integration - do EN note - RTM task links get broken if authorization lapses and you reauthorize?

joegtd says:
At some point recently, I noticed that changes to EN note due dates weren't updating in RTM tasks. Also, new EN notes with due dates weren't creating new tasks in RTM.

I realized today that my RTM and EN accounts were no longer connected, likely due to authorization (RTM ability to access my EN account) having lapsed (max 1 year authorization). I reauthorized for a year.

How long until this takes effect (doesn't seem to have kicked in immediately)? And will this restore the linkage between existing notes/tasks or does it only apply to new notes/tasks?
Posted at 4:05pm on April 15, 2015
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi joegtd,
We've added this issue to our list to investigate. The Evernote integration should begin immediately after reauthorizing, but you may have to update any notes to make Remember The Milk connect them. (Our integration doesn't work on older reminders.) An easy way is to change the reminder date/time or to remove and readd the reminder.

Hope this helps!
Posted 8 years ago
joegtd says:
Resolved, thanks.

The new EN notes showed up as new RTM tasks after a while. The old notes didn't sync with their existing RTM tasks until I did as you suggested and changed the reminder dates in EN (changing just the time was sufficient to reestablish the link).
Posted 8 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Thanks for letting us know—I'm glad to hear the sync started working and you were able to update the other notes.

Let us know if we can help with anything else!
Posted 8 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.