Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Publish iCalendar From SunBird to RTM

alexis says:
Hi, congratulations for this beautiful app, I love it!

I just subscribed from Mozilla Sunbird but I noticed that when I modify my tasks in Sunbird they just keep the same.

Is it possible changing a task in Sunbird and having it automatically changing in my RTM account?

Regards!
Posted at 7:07am on October 20, 2005
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Thanks, glad you like it :)

To answer your question - not yet, but this is a feature that we'll be working on for the future.
Posted 18 years ago
adski says:
I was busily checking tasks in Sunbird but getting no syncing aswell!! Definitely a useful feature
Posted 18 years ago
djacobs says:
Yes, yes, and yes. Need to be able to edit on BOTH sides of the iCalendar. This feature would be KILLER!
Posted 18 years ago
pooryoric says:
what they said ... I've been desperately seeking a free as in beer solution for setting up a calendar for our family that we can all get to.
I'd played with Sunbird but didn't have a calendar server available
Killer app in the making

THANKS!
Posted 18 years ago
kerem says:
Yes. We need this feature asap :)
Posted 18 years ago
tiwan says:
yeah, that would make me give up all my remote calendars (they work when they want... not really reliable) to get this WONDERFUL app that RtM is !

So keep up the good work guys (& emily ;), can't stand waiting for this feature !
Posted 18 years ago
nomad says:
Hi

Any update on the progress of this feature - like others have said, it would be awesome

thanks
Posted 18 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
No updates yet, sorry -- it's still on our to-do list :)
Posted 18 years ago
itsnotvalid says:
I would just see this pointless - if RTM could beat Sunbird as the best todo-list/calender for computer, I doubt I would mind using Sunbird. If RTM has features that iCalender format doesn't support, I guess most of us here would use RTM than Sunbird.
Posted 18 years ago
argotnaut says:
I don't think it's pointless. I want to be able to edit my task list while offline (for instance, during a lecture when I don't have internet access, but need to quickly add an assignment) and then upload the changes once I'm online again.
Posted 18 years ago
niva.ns says:
would be nice to have a web-based calendar instead
Posted 18 years ago
jeff.mitchell says:
I just signed up yesterday and I'm already impressed with RTM.

This is an important feature for me. Here's why: I have multiple calendars and todo lists: Basecamp for projects, RTM for general and personal todo's and 30boxes for general and personal appointments. I use Mozilla Calendar to pull everything together into a single view.

It is highly frustrating that I can't mark things as completed from that unified view and this does not just apply to you guys: the others don't support updating either.
Posted 17 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Are you per chance Jeff Mitchell of CodeJedi? Just curious.

If RTM could enable an API (please oh please, Eomar), we'd be able to emulate the integration you can find now with 37Signals' Backpack and its Mac Dashboard widget companion.

Some links to this discussion elsewhere at RTM:
http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/ideas/674/
Posted 17 years ago
jeff.mitchell says:
ranbarton: No, I'm not the one.
Posted 17 years ago
jeff.mitchell says:
And..

The API may be the way to go. I'm not really that concerned that everything get unified into MozCal, just that I can get it unified. Somewhere.. Anywhere!
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.