Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

How to I prevent a task from disappearing

fant says:
Hi,
I wonder if there is a workaround to prevent a Task in a smartlist from disappering of the list after changing an attribute which is not according to the list-query.
If I want to change a 2nd or more attributes this is not possible (I have to hunt the task via search)
Nice would be to disable automatic update of smartlist via Options - but I'm not very confident that this will happen...

Do some of you find this also annoying - or, do you have an Idee how to work around this?

Cheers!
Jens
Posted at 10:27am on June 25, 2014
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Basically, there are (at least) two ways:
1 Include a check smart list that scans all your tasks to see if any of them is missing an attribute you want in your system. Include this check smart list in your normal smart lists: (your normal filter) OR list:check to see your newly created task until all the attributes are set.
2 When you create a new task, for a short while there is a box at the top (in the web browser) informing you that a new task has been created. Even if it doesn't show in the smart list presently on screen, you can access the task an change attributes.
Good luck!
Posted 9 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.