So I'm setting some goals for myself this summer, and breaking them into small steps.
I have a series of tasks--small steps, like "sort one file" or "drink one bottle of water"-- that I want to repeat each day . . . AND to EXPIRE at the end of the day.
The results I want:
1. A task list I can consult daily
2. On this list, I can mark tasks as completed IF and ONLY IF I complete them (so at the end of the summer I can look back and see how many instances of that task I actually completed)
3. Any tasks on this list that are NOT completed automatically reset each day (or night) with a due date of the next day.
What I don't want:
1. To have to delete or postpone incomplete tasks on this list every day
2. To mark tasks complete that weren't just to get them to generate a new task for the next day.
I've done some searching, mostly using variations of the word "expire" (like, how to set up a task that exists for only 24 hours, expires and then regenerates), but no luck.
Geez, now it sounds to me like my tasks are zombies. Weird.
Posted at 4:38pm on June 5, 2014