Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Multiple Repeats

johnmsch says:
Just noticed an issue with repeats. Here's an example.

I enter a task and set it to repeat after 10 days. Let's say I don't do that task and 10 days pass. Then I get another reminder for the same task, one showing the first 10-day reminder and a second one for 10 days after that.

The functionality of the repeat option should be to generate a new task once the first one is completed, 10 days from that date! So even if it takes me 2 weeks to complete that task, once completed, then, and only then should a new one for 10 days out be generated.

Am I missing something here?

FWIW, I use RTM on my iPhone and iPad, hardly ever coming here to the website.
Posted at 9:16pm on March 9, 2014
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi johnmsch,
You may want to check the repeat, as this sounds like a repeat of "every 10 days" as opposed to "after 10 days". With an "every" repeat, the task will maintain its schedule regardless of completion date.

Otherwise, if this continues, can you contact us so we can discuss this more specifically?
Posted 9 years ago
johnmsch says:
Bingo, that's it. I had it set to "every x days". Didn't even realize there was a "after x days" option.

Thank you. I love this App!!!!!
Posted 9 years ago
johnmsch says:
BTW, I never got a notice that this thread was updated with a reply. Can't seem to find a setting to do that. How do you mark a topic here to let you know when its been updated?
Posted 9 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi johnmsch,
We don't have any notifications built in to the forums, sorry, but what you can do is to add a task to check back in a few days if you're awaiting a reply from us—we try to get back to you fairly quickly! :)
Posted 9 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.