Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Tasks reassigned tag with "e"

suehawk says:
I've been awol from RTM for a few months - never a good idea! In that time, many tasks became overdue (overstatement) I'm trying to get current, and see that most tasks got reassigned Tag: "e". Original tags are wiped out -nothing I consciously did. So now my Smart Lists are mostly empty; Overdue list is appropriately engorged.
While I'm befuddled by the mess, I'm more worried about future repeat, so would like to get a handle...

A- Seems the obvious is that I selected most tasks by some criteria I can't figure out, and then unwittingly replaced the tag with "e". But that sounds so not like me....

B - is there some auto-function that replaces tags with e, thereby revamping lists? If yes, why not all tasks? Why some but not all tasks with no due date assigned?

C - Assuming no auto-function, could this somehow have happened in my absence?

If you have any clue, I'd be much obliged
Posted at 4:28pm on February 25, 2014
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi suehawk,
Sorry to hear about this! It'd be great if you could contact us to discuss this more specifically.

Generally, I'd wonder about keyboard shortcuts affecting this: 'a' will select all tasks and 's' will edit the tags, so typing 'ase' [Enter] could add the 'e' tags to your tasks. Since it didn't affect all tasks, it sounds like you may have been in a specific list, Smart List, or search?

Hope this helps a bit, but as I mentioned please contact us to discuss more specific too.
Posted 9 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.