Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Siri and reminders on iOS 7

kellyls says:
Hello!

When I was on iOS 6, I followed the instructions for making RTM my default reminder when I ask Siri to remind me of something (https://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/siri/). Worked great!

But ever since I upgraded to iOS 7, I'm getting duplicate reminders. If I tell Siri "remind me to pick up the milk at noon," then at noon I get a notification from the regular iphone "Reminder" app, and 30 seconds later I get another notification from RTM, both reminding me of the same task. If I actually open the iphone "Reminders" app, I have a list called "Remember The Milk" that has all the reminders I've asked Siri for lately.

Under Settings>Reminders>Default List, Remember The Milk is selected.

Any idea how to fix this? I don't want anything to do with the regular iphone reminder app. I just want RTM.
Posted at 11:14pm on December 4, 2013
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi kellyls,
Our Siri integration works through the Reminders app on the backend—sorry, no avoiding it completely! ;)

What happens is that you dictate the task to Siri and it's added to Reminders, which is then picked up by your account on the web (through the CalDAV account). After that, the task should be removed from the Reminders app to avoid this redundancy, but that may not happen in all instances. This is on our list to investigate—sorry in the meantime!

What you can do if you want is to remove the reminders from the Reminders app once you can confirm that they've been added to your Remember The Milk account. (Typically this take at most 2 minutes or so… it should be quite quick!)

Sorry again for the inconvenience—it sounds like this has been happening fairly consistently for you.
Posted 10 years ago
(closed account) says:
I'm seeing this problem also and it's the feature that prompted me to start using the app in the first place. Does it have to be the default list? I would still like to use the IOS Reminders list for certain things and also use an OmniFocus list for work.
Posted 10 years ago
Hi hirlas,
It'd still be possible to use the Siri integration if the Remember The Milk list isn't your default Reminders list. You would just need to dictate to Siri "Add X to my Remember The Milk list" so it would be added there specifically.

Hope this helps!
Posted 10 years ago
boybees says:
I'm able to add tasks but they appear with no due date when I add them through Siri. How can I tell Siri to add a task and make it due today or tomorrow?
Posted 10 years ago
Hi boybees,
You can add a date/time to your tasks by dictating that to Siri, e.g. "Remind me to pick up the milk tomorrow".

Hope this helps!
Posted 9 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.