Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

thunderlink-urls broken

mgercke says:
I use the thunderbird plugin ThunderLink (0.07) and the firefox plugin Thunderlinkspotter (0.02) that enables you to link to specific email messages in Thunderbird
I use this when I go through my email inbox and extract todos from emails. Whenever I put an an email-related todo in RTM I also put the thunderlink-url to be able to quickly open the corresponding email.
This is a sample link:
thunderlink://messageid=007f01cecef8$a82129c0$f8688d40$@somebody@domain.com
The problem comes from RTM identifying somebody@domain.com as an email address and automatically turning it into a mailto-link.
The Thunderlinkspotter also tries to turn the whole text into a link, but omits the last part.
I guess because of RTMs automatic email address detection.
It works fine in wikis or if you just open use a simple test-html-file with the link.
To clarify: This is the first time I try this. I guess it never worked with RTM.

Any ideas about a workaround?
Or should I be posting a feature request in "Vote on ideas"?
Posted at 9:31am on October 22, 2013
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi mgercke,
Thanks for letting us know about this. I've added it to our list to investigate.

In the meantime, one workaround would be to put these links in the notes where you could still access them. Sorry about the inconvenience!
Posted 10 years ago
mgercke says:
Thanks for getting back to me.
At the moment I still put the im the url field, but when I need the link I will edit the url, copy it, open a new tab of the browser and past in the url.
This is really a bad hack.
I can understand that RTM is not prepared for every eventuality.
But I would of course appreciate if thunderlinks would work in RTM.
Thanks!
Posted 10 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.