Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

High priority recurring task sorting below other lower priority tasks due that date.

gvbell says:
I have a task that recurs every Wednesday. I have set up Smart Lists that pull the tasks for the next 7 days, which sorts by date (and then, apparently default, by priority). The Wednesday task is set to Priority 1, but it always sorts following the Priority 2 and 3 tasks that are due today, either because they were set that way or postponed. It is the only recurring task in this situation, so perhaps the sort is working differently? Is that just they way it works or is there something I can do to sort it with the rest.
Posted at 11:33pm on September 25, 2013
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi gvbell,
Sorting applies to repeating and non-repeating tasks the same, but it can be affected by due time. (Currently tasks with a due time are sorted beneath those without a due time.)

It's also possible for timezones to affect this, so you may want to try resetting the due date (which resets the timezone too), just by editing the task's Due field and re-entering "today". You can see other considerations on this help page too.

Hope this helps!
Posted 10 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.