Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Repeating tasks stripping due time...

chriswallingford says:
Hi all,
Is anyone else running into this who might help me shed some light on the cause or circumstances?

I use repeating tasks with due times for proper sorting. These tasks sometimes lose the time from their next due date and revert to 12:00. I don't understand the circumstances that produce this behavior, so I can't offer steps to reproduce it to RTM support.

It's not specific repeating tasks with due times. It's not certain lists (though we pretty much only use inbox and manage "lists" via tags and searches). We primarily use iPad and iPhone, but occasionally use the web. We don't usually postpone daily tasks - we "complete" them instead. For tasks that are not daily, weekly lets say, we may postpone to be completed prior to the next occurrence.
Posted at 1:17pm on September 18, 2013
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Just a note that chriswallingford contacted us to discuss this and we're working through a solution personally too. We'd definitely love to know about anyone else that's experiencing this!

And if chriswallingford wants, I'd be happy to post any general info here once we figure this out, so anyone else who comes across this would have an answer too. :)
Posted 10 years ago
janvanderploeg says:
I'm also facing this problem. Lets say I have a task, repeating every weekday. The due date/time is today @16:00 (4pm). I complete the task. The due time for tomorrow is gone. I also face the sorting issue that Chris mentions, but more important for me is the time specific reminder that fails.
Posted 10 years ago
janvanderploeg says:
After my last post I remembered that it goes well in some cases. So I did some testing: If I create a task with a repaet over a greater period of time, for example after 10 days, the due-time remains intact. Then I can change the repeat interval as I wish, for example every weekday. The due-time stays intact.
Posted 10 years ago
Hi janvanderploeg,
Sorry that you're also experiencing this. I'll keep an eye on your workaround, but let me know if it persists or not or if this comes back.

Also, which apps are you using—web, any of the mobile apps, etc.?
Posted 10 years ago
janvanderploeg says:
@andrewski Usually, the web app, which I love. And I use the iOS app a few times a day.
Posted 10 years ago
Hi janvanderploeg,
That's helpful; thanks. We're continuing to monitor this, so let us know if you have any further issues!
Posted 10 years ago
kristijan.vogrincic says:
Hello, any news on the solution for thiks problem. It is quite anoying.
Posted 10 years ago
I also noted, thai if i have a daily task.. it is also allready on tommorow.. even if is not comleted yet. I typed times in this tommorow tasks and finished a task that is due today.. but nothing happened. I will monitor that task and write you a report.
Posted 10 years ago
Hi kristijan.vogrincic,
Yes, it'd be great if you could monitor this and contact us when you notice it again. We have tracked down specifics from the reports we've gotten about it, but it would be great to know what exactly you're seeing and what's triggering it.

Thanks!
Posted 10 years ago
Hello, yeah for me it seems this was it. Now it works OK, on all my daily task.
For some reason, my daily task was shown for today and also for the next day, and then when I changed the time in today's task, tomorrow's task hasn't changed (so it was looking at its stripps time).

Posted 10 years ago
Hi kristijan.vogrincic,
I'm glad to hear that helped. Once a new instance of a repeating task is created, the existing/overdue one wouldn't affect it (so you could change it without disrupting your repeat "schedule").

However, if you have a due time set on a task already, when it comes due the next one should have the same time set. What chriswallingford is reporting here is that that is getting removed at some point, so let us know if you're seeing that as well.
Posted 10 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.