Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Different dates on different devices

motta.lrd says:
Hello everyone,

I am a fan and user of remember the milk (RTM).

Recently I got a strange problem that could be a bug on the mobile application. I am looking for help on how to fix it and also report the bug.

I have both RTM on the ipad mini and the samsung galaxy S3 mini.
I moved to another country and my dates on the mobile phone has been changed a couple of times, including dates in the past (one day the phone went back on 1/1/2012).
From that time the due dates of my tasks are different if I look them on the ipad or on the phone.

Any idea? I will be happy to provide further details if needed.
Thank you
Posted at 11:05am on September 14, 2013
motta.lrd says:
This is my test for the Bug.

I just created a task called "Test task" on my Ipad.
The "Test task" is due today.
I postpone the task (with the postpone button) to Tuesday 17/9.

I open my Smartphone with RTM app.
The "Test task" appears on the wrong date, Monday 16/9.

Thank you for your help.
Posted 10 years ago
motta.lrd says:
With the previous test only the ipad believes that the task is due on Tuesday 17/9.
Both the web app and the smartphone app believe that the task is due on Monday 16/9.

Guess: Could be a bug on the ipad app?

Thank you

Posted 10 years ago
motta.lrd says:
Solved.

I changed the timezone on the remember the milk website to match the timezone that I am currently in.

This has been helpful.
https://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/?ctx=gmail.addon.troubleshooting.wrongpostpone

Thank you
Posted 10 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi motta.lrd,
I'm glad you were able to get this sorted out; sorry we don't currently support shifting timezones. Changing your settings would make that work again.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.
Posted 10 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.