Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Memory issues on Google Chrome

matheo.pegoraro says:
Hi

I have noticed recently that the memory of usage on my computer spiked sometimes almost bringing it to a halt. It seems to be caused by RTM.
On Chrome, whenever I log in, a new Google Chrome Renderer process is created and allocates approximately 1.2 GB memory. When doing the same on Safari, no more than around 350MB is used.

Are there any current known issues with Chrome? Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thank you
Posted at 2:30pm on September 13, 2013
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi matheo.pegoraro,
There aren't any known issues in Chrome currently. We can't control Chrome's memory usage overall, and RAM usage in general can be interesting (it's not bad to be used if it's not all used, etc. :) but there are a few things that could contribute.

<These steps aren't exactly what you're seeing, but they cover the main culprits for browser issues that can easily be fixed: cache/cookies or extensions. Maybe you can look over those steps and see if they help?

If not, it'd be great if you could contact us so we can get some more specific details and work with you to get this back under control. :)

Thanks!
Posted 10 years ago
matheo.pegoraro says:
Hi
Thank you for the suggestions.
The issue went away after that day, apparently by clearing the cache. It returned today and clearing the cache did not help. As suggested on the troubleshoot, accessing through https solved the issue. At least for now. I will let you know if it happens again.
Thanks again.
Posted 10 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi matheo.pegoraro,
Sorry to hear that happened again. We'll keep an eye on this as well but yes, let me know if it returns!
Posted 10 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.