Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Using with Google calendar

(closed account) says:
hello,

I think this is a great app to get my thinks organized!
I would like to intergrate with my Google calendar, so I installed the Sidebar gadget. What I want is now that my task is shown, not only in the sidebar, but also as a appointment. Is that possible?
Posted at 12:46pm on September 4, 2013
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi wassie73,
Yes, definitely. You can use iCalendar to view to your tasks on the Calendar.

We think that and the sidebar gadget is a pretty potent combination, so enjoy! And let us know if you have any other questions. :)
Posted 10 years ago
(closed account) says:
hi Andrewski,

Tanx for the reply!
So, if I understand it correct, it is possible to convert a task to a appointment with iCalendar?
Posted 10 years ago
(closed account) says:
I have followed exactly the iCalendar steps, but my tasks aren't showing on the date of ending. Can you please help me out?

Other question, is it possible to notify me by email when a reply was posted here?
Posted 10 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi wassie73,
(We don't offer email notification, sorry. I usually suggest a simple repeating task to remind you to check for updates, but at least from the Remember The Milk we try to reply within a day!)

I'm not sure what you mean specifically, but it's not possible to "convert" a task to an event, in terms of adding a task, deciding you want it to be an event instead, and then converting it.

However, what is possible is to add a task and see it on your calendar, e.g. to see what tasks are due tomorrow. Then you can complete the task and it disappear from your "agenda".

With Google Calendar you may need to wait for it to refresh if you recently added a task and it's not showing up. (According to Google, it may take up to 24 hours for Google to update your calendar.) You can always contact us if you want to discuss specifics with your account too! :)
Posted 10 years ago
(closed account) says:
email notification, no problem. I can manage that :)

the 24 hours update from Google isn't nice. but workable at the end. I can understand now why my task wasn't showing in my Google Calendar, now he is.
Posted 10 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.