Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Evernote as universal inbox and RTM for tasks

(closed account) says:
Hi there,

I'd love to use RTM more (and better) but I'm still looking for the best way to integrate Evernote and RTM (I'm mostly using EN on a pc, and the reminders are not available there yet).

I use EN as my universal inbox i.e. everything (pictures, tasks, actionable emails, ideas,...) goes into Evernote. Not everything is a task though and I'd like to find the best way, when I process my inbox (usually once a day), to move tasks to RTM and file everything else in Evernote in different notebooks.

Anyone working with a similar setup?

Thanks in advance! Best,

Jerome
Posted at 1:35pm on August 21, 2013
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Jerome,
What you may be able to do to quickly add tasks from Evernote notes is just to add reminders to them in Evernote: as soon as you do (and sync the app if you're not using the web), our integration will create tasks with the same name and due date/time in your Remember The Milk tasks.

Your notes would still remain in Evernote, which I'm not sure if you want or not, but it would always be an option to move those notes to a new "Remember The Milk" notebook at the same time or something like that.

Hope this helps!
Posted 10 years ago
azclaire says:
Andrewski: please note s/he mentioned in the first paragraph that s/he works on the web version of RN where reminders are not yet available. S/He needs a different solution.
Posted 10 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
azclaire,
Thanks for clarifying that. Sorry I misspoke, jeromg!

The reminders should be available on the web but not yet in Evernote's Windows app. It should be possible to use Evernote's web app to do the inbox processing. Hopefully that would work well for a daily process?
Posted 10 years ago
(closed account) says:
The Evernote Windows version 5 is available in bèta. The latest release has the Reminders feature – so you can use that version to let the cow meet the elephant op a PC.
Posted 10 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.